From: Rex Alexander <rex . . . >
Subject: [REBT-CBT-FORUM] REBT Info Update
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 08:35:03 +0700
Sun 23 Jun 2013, 8:03 am
Good Morning All,
There is a quick update on how the REBT Info blog http://REBTinfo.info is shaping up, in no particular order:
1. http://rebtinfo.info/odlinks/ We have added a cool links directory. You are welcome to add your (relevant) website or any relevant website that you know about that you think fits in. Our focus is REBT-CBT, obviously, but after that it is a pretty big tent covering rational thinking and rational living, stoicism, General Semantics, psychology, other forms of therapy, alternative medicine and more. There is room for everyone so long as it is not off-topic SPAM.
2. http://rebtinfo.info/592-2/ Book and media shop with a large selection of REBT-CBT related titles.
3. http://rebtinfo.info/add-your-book-dvd-or-media-review-here/ Please add your book or media review related to REBT-CBT, et al . This is very important as newbies just getting to know REBT-CBT often want guidance on how and where to start.
4. http://rebtinfo.info/ask-rex/ Ask Rex . Please as your general questions about REBT-CBT & related, and I will do my best to answer.
5. http://rebtinfo.info/wp-login.php?action=register Weekly Digest . Registered members may request a weekly digest by e-mail of recent posts.
6. http://rebtinfo.info/guest-authors/ Be a guest author . At the moment, most of the writing is mine, which I do not like! We encourage and welcome guest authors to blog about related topics. If you write well and know something about REBT-CBT, et al , please consider contributing. You need not necessarily "tow the party line" as long as your tone is respectful and you defend your position intelligently. You get a byline, link to your site and a brief bio.
7. Your Opinion Matters! Occasionally, when I don't have the time or the mojo to write something intelligent, I will post a quote or a snippet or maybe just a random thought which we hope will stimulate thought and discussion. Please respond to these and share your ideas.
8. Please comment! Last but certainly not least, there is a box below each post and page which makes it easy to add your comments and share your thoughts. Any registered member may comment freely as often as he or she likes, and we encourage you to do so. Our blog is intended to be an interactive community. We would like it to grow and develop organically and dynamically, and not just be a monument to Rex's ego [Not that my ego isn’t entirely deserving of monuments!!! Hehehehe….] But we need your participation to achieve that, so please do.
Finally,we are not here to compete with REBT-CBT Forum or anyone else. The continuing and over-arching purpose of the blog is to grow a archived and categorized collection of posts and features that make it easy for lay people, professional and the casual visitor to find what they are looking for. Want to know how to use the ABC technique? Well, it's a category, and you can quickly call up all the posts relevant to that topic. And so on. Of course, this will become more valuable over time as the archive grows and reflects a chorus of different voices, opinions and points of view. This Yahoogroup is great, and we love participating, but it is very "immediate;" you read a post, and then it is gone. Sure you can search the archives on the website, but it is not really set up for that, and it is a fairly isolated, lonely experience.
Anyway, this is a labor of love. We have started it in other formats in the past and failed. This one looks more promising, and we hope you will all be a part of it's growth.
Khon Kaen, Thailand
© 2013, Rex Alexander. All rights reserved.
11,464 total views, 2 views today© Copyright 2013 Rex Alexander, All rights Reserved. Written For: