Good news! Big new plans for development of the REBTinfo website including fantastic discussion forum, Question & Answer module, and, World-wide REBT-CBT Provider Directory. Click to read the rest of the story . . .
Sun 18 May 2014, 11:31 am
Good Morning REBT Mates!
Look for some very cool new features coming very soon!
This blog has always been a labor of love, an effort to give something back for all the benefits I have gained from CBT-REBT, and to create a well-organized, searchable, categorized archive where people can learn about the specific issues of CBT-REBT that interest them. I am really pleased with our blog so far, we get good page views, but are not attracting the type of participation I had hoped for that will allow our community to grow organically. Oh, well. Much of that is probably due to my amateur skill set as a blog designer and failure to introduce design elements that will get members more interested in leaving comments and becoming guest authors. I am learning, but there is a lot to learn.
However, new changes are in the works that will not only increase participation, but add value here in other ways as well. A few highlights
1. FORUM : We will be installing an excellent discussion forum (message board). On the one hand, forums and blogs are different animals, different venues, different media, one sense they are sort "strange bedfellows," but on the other, forums lend themselves to more thoughtful discussion than social media and they may provide a feeling of community and safety that blogs do not. We think you will enjoy and find it a valuable addition.
2. QUICK Q & A: We have found an excellent Q&A plugin that should make it easier and better for a lively exchange of idea. I think you will like it.
3. PROVIDER DIRECTORY : This one we are really excited about. It is going to be a world-wide directory of CEBT-REBT therapists, coaches, educators seminars, workshops, probably training programs as well. We will welcome providers from other approaches and schools of psychology as well. We want to particularly encourage listings form providers who do coaching/therapy at a distance or online via Skype, et al. This is going to be a robust, dynamic directory that will make it easy to find an appropriate provider closest to you, and baring that, someone you can work with online in some way. Stay tuned. This is a very important and exciting project.
© 2014, Rex Alexander. All rights reserved.
1,401 total views, 0 views today© Copyright 2014 Rex Alexander, All rights Reserved. Written For:
- How do we manage “job burnout”? - Fri 20 Apr 18
- Nothing is ever 100% Awful (Are you sure?) - Fri 20 Apr 18
- What is the difference between healthy & unhealthy emoting? - Thu 19 Apr 18
- Three musts which hold us back - Thu 19 Apr 18
- - Wed 18 Apr 18