3-Day Primary Certificate Practicum in REBT and Cognitive Behavior Therapy
|3-Day Primary Certificate Practicum in REBT and Cognitive Behavior Therapy
24 CE Credits (APA) and 21.5 (NASW)Click here for more information and registration.
Dates: July 11 – 13, 2014
Friday-Saturday, Time: 9:00am-7:30pm
Sunday, Time: 9:00am-4:30pm
In this intense three day practicum, participants will learn the Rational Emotive & Cognitive Behavior theory of emotional disturbance and change by leading REBT practitioners. Strategies for identifying and challenging clients’ dysfunctional beliefs and constructing more adaptive beliefs, emotions and behaviors will be a focus of the weekend. REBT’s conceptualization of emotions and Learning from Errors will also be presented. Participants will have the opportunity to practice their RE & CBT skills in small group supervision and receive immediate feedback from an experienced certified REBT supervisor.
During the 3-Day Primary Practicum, participants will learn to:
- Understand and apply the REBT theory of emotional disturbance and change.
- Apply the ABC model to a wide range of clinical issues.
- Identify, challenge and dispute clients’ dysfunctional thoughts.
- Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
- Explain the REBT/CBT theories of emotional disturbance and change
- Apply the ABC model to a large variety of clinical issues
- Identify, challenge and dispute clients dysfunctional thoughts
- Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors
- Develop and apply homework protocols for treating anxiety anger and depression, as well as other common presenting problems
Raymond DiGiuseppe, Ph.D., Director of Professional Education, Albert Ellis Institute; Chairperson and Professor, Psychology Department, St. John’s University
Kristene A. Doyle, Ph.D., Director , Albert Ellis Institute
(Limited seating available, register now!)
While REBTinfo.info is pleased to provide information about AEI events,Ã‚Â weÃ‚Â do not represent nor are weÃ‚Â associated with AEI in any official capacity.
© 2014, Rex Alexander. All rights reserved.
2,093 total views, 0 views today© Copyright 2014 Rex Alexander, All rights Reserved. Written For:
- The dog ate my homwork! - Sat 21 Jul 18
- It’s settled! Laughter is the best policy! - Sat 21 Jul 18
- Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better! (Sure you are!) - Fri 20 Jul 18
- Will there always be an REBT? - Fri 20 Jul 18
- Video : Albert Ellis’ Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)- Daniel Man of Reason - Thu 19 Jul 18