The Congress is organized by the Albert Ellis Institute and supported by the International Institute for Advanced Study in Psychotherapy and Applied Mental Health and the Romanian Association of Cognitive and Behavioral Psychotherapies (a member accredited for training by the European Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies).
Our general objective is to explore how the legacy of Albert Ellis and REBT can impact and be better related to the present and the future of psychology. Therefore, the main aims of the present Congress are:
(1) To bring together the REBT community to discuss the state of the art of REBT theory and practice;
(2) To stimulate CBTs and other evidence-based psychotherapy professionals to participate in the Congress, to explore bridges and collaboration strategies with the goal of moving the field closer to a more integrative CBTs and/or evidence-based psychotherapy;
(3) To stimulate professionals from the major fields of psychology and REBT to relate to each other (e.g., developmental/educational/school psychology to rational emotive education; work/organizational psychology to REBT/CBT coaching; pastoral/spiritual psychology to REBT pastoral counseling);
(4) To encourage researchers from clinical cognitive neurogenetics sciences to participate in order to explore together the role of REBT in understanding human mind and behavior;
(5) In addition, there will be meetings of the Directors of the 28 REBT Affiliated Training Centers from all over the world with the International Training Standards Committee that will focus on developing a strategic plan for the dissemination of REBT theory and practice.
A series of invited keynotes, workshops (invited), open papers-symposia/posters (self-proposed), and round tables/meet the experts section (invited), with outstanding academics and professionals, will cover the above mentioned aims. We will also honour the lifetime scientific/professional achievements of Professor, MD, PhD, Aaron T. Beck to the field of CBT and evidence-based psychotherapy, by a ceremony conferring him the Lifetime Science Award.
We encourage you to disseminate the information about the congress, participate in the congress, and make applications for (1) open papers; (2) symposia (be them more theoretical or practical oriented); and (3) posters.
Emotionally healthy individuals are usually committed to some large life plan or goal—such as work, building a family, art, science, or sports. When they have steady personality growth they tend to be vitally absorbed in some large goal outside themselves, whether it be in the realm of people, things, or ideas. And they frequently have at least one major creative interest, as well as some outstanding human involvement, which is highly important to them and around which they structure a good portion of their livesAlbert Ellis founder REBT "The Daily Al" Jonathan von Breton, CCMHC… (next quote)
Rex Alexander and REBT Info are participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
When you buy items using the links on this website, we may get a small commission which keeps me in coffee, which keeps me working, which keeps me providing valuable content for you. Thank you for your continuing support of REBT Info.com.~Rex
TOS / Terms of Service
Pretty basic stuff: No fussing, no fighting, no cussing, no spamming, no scamming, no blaming, no flaming, no hating, no bating, no trolling, no personal attacks. No pornography (Damn!). The Golden Rule applies. Focus on issues, ideas and principles rather than on personalities and you will fit right in. Please keep your contributions friendly and polite, treat your fellow members and readers with respect and all will be well.
All content and information submitted become the property of REBT Info (REBTinfo.com)
We at REBT Info value your privacy. Your personal information is secure with us. Secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us, and all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
We WILL NOT sell, rent, distribute or otherwise share your personal information, including e-mail address, to or with anyone for any reason (except in the extremely rare, unlikely case of demands by duly authorized law enforcement acting strictly in accord with due process).
All rights reserved. The content of this website or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever
without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.
This website, REBTinfo.com, and others under the REBT Info family are for education, information and entertainment purposes only; are not intended as, nor should be regarded as medical or psychiatric diagnosis, advice or treatment.
By accessing this blog you understand and agree to these conditions, as well as to the other Terms of Service / TOS posted, and which may be updated and amended from time-to-time.
By accessing this website blog and related media, you affirm that you have read, understand and agree to our Terms of Service / TOS which may be updated and amended from time-to-time.
This is a public blog
Anything you post may be viewed by the public. Therefore, do not post anything you wish to remain private.