Why do I like REBT-CBT? Let me count the ways! One of REBT’s main strengths is that it is entirely possible to learn it on your own by reading books, watching videos and home practice. I did!
However, if that proves daunting, the learning curve working with a therapist or coach or teacher is simply not that steep if your are motivated and willing to do the work. The goal of therapists and coaches grounded in REBT-CBT is NOT to do your work for you, nor to make you dependent upon them or endless in-officel sessions, but rather to help you learn the principles and give you the tools you can use to help yourself for the rest of your life. This is unique. Other forms of therapy don’t work that way, and even exciting new forms such as ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) is not something you can pick up on your own.
© 2018, Rex Alexander. All rights reserved.
1,107 total views, 0 views today© Copyright 2018 Rex Alexander, All rights Reserved. Written For:
Originally posted 2016-03-14 03:34:22.
- It’s settled! Laughter is the best policy! - Sat 21 Jul 18
- Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better! (Sure you are!) - Fri 20 Jul 18
- Will there always be an REBT? - Fri 20 Jul 18
- Video : Albert Ellis’ Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)- Daniel Man of Reason - Thu 19 Jul 18
- Is keeping emotions “bottled up” dangerous? - Thu 19 Jul 18