Your Opinion Matters
"Acceptance is not love. You love a person because he or she has lovable traits, but you accept everybody just because they're alive and human."
This is one of the premises of REBT-CBT that often confuses and pisses off people. It is closely related to the irrational belief / IB that one absolutely must have love and love oneself (so called "self esteem") in order to be happy.
What do you think it means?
Share you thoughts and comments! Please help to keep our blog dynamic and organic by sharing your comments below. Agree? Disagree? How do you interpret this statement? Do you think it affects the way you practice and apply REBT-CBT?
© 2018, Rex Alexander. All rights reserved.
2,375 total views, 0 views today© Copyright 2018 Rex Alexander, All rights Reserved. Written For:
Originally posted 2013-05-02 07:39:44.
- American exceptionalism (REBT style) - Wed 15 Aug 18
- Carl Rogers on Wikipedia - Tue 14 Aug 18
- How do we know whether our values are right or wrong? - Tue 14 Aug 18
- Let’s all become Mr. Spock and get rid of emotions! Not!!! - Tue 14 Aug 18
- How many books on REBT-CBT do I need to read? - Mon 13 Aug 18