Good Morning All,
Are you ready for your morning REBT safari?
Have you ever been “pissed beyond all measure”?
The following is a actual quote from someone who is criticizing a staff member for failing to communicate according to protocol. The context is unimportant, but the situations is real, in real-time, and the details are kept sparse to protect the guilty. They don’t matter anyway.
The critic is angry, talks about being “pissed off” and then goes on to elaborate: “It annoys me beyond measure, so . . . “
1. Identify the distortion(s) in this brief statement.
2. What is the intent and the meaning being expressed here?
3. In what way or ways are the distortions distorted?
4. What would the like emotional and behavioral consequence for
a. The critic
b. The person being criticized.
5. Does this interaction remind you of any incidents or “activating events” in your own life?
6. Or, is this a just a “figure of speech,” a colorful expression made for emphasis that we need not be so fussy (anal?) over? or is it just some silly game Rex is playing?
2,465 total views, 2 views today
Originally posted 2014-10-17 18:57:05.